We spent Saturday at the U.S. Arboretum. I had no idea how pretty it is and how many exhibits are available to walk through. We had a great time walking around.
Here is Bennie posing with the columns behind him. The columns are from the U.S. capitol. In 1958 when the East Front underwent an expansion, the columns were removed during construction. They were replaced with replicas. In 1990, the original columns were restored and brought to the national arboretum.
For an arboretum, there are surprisingly few sticks on the ground. Of course, Bennie found the ONLY stick on the grounds and just had to play with it…
Here he is in “Fern Valley”, a path lined with many different fern plants. As we walked out of Fern Valley, I found a sign that said, “No Pets.” Opps. I suppose pets aren’t allowed because so many types of ferns are toxic to pets. At least Bennie was respectful and didn’t eat any. We’ll find a different path to walk along the next time we go.
No comments:
Post a Comment